There are two ways to contribute to OpenSpaces.org: propose a new project or join an existing project.
Proposing a New Project (or Submitting Existing Code)
- Log in to OpenSpaces.org
- Check if a similar project already exists in the Project List.
- Fill in this form and click Create.
Project proposals are reviewed by the OpenSpaces Community; the final decision on approving new projects is made by the OpenSpaces Admin, based on project quality (when applicable) and its value to the OpenSpaces.org community.
Joining an Existing Project
- Log in to OpenSpaces.org (if you still don't have an account, sign up for an OpenSpaces.org user account first).
- Choose the project you want to join from the Project List, then visit the project homepage.
- In the project links on the left, click Join Project.
- Fill in the form and click Create.
- The Captain (project owner) will review your request and either approve or decline it. You'll get an email with the Captain's decision.
- If the Captain approves you, the OpenSpaces Admin will promote your user account to Space Cadet (project contributor) and give you all relevant permissions. You'll get another email when this happens – you can then start working on the project!
Learn how projects are managed in OpenSpaces: