If you're a Spring developer, are familiar with GigaSpaces or just interested in building highly scalable applications, here's your chance to show the world what you can do, and get a shot at winning the $10,000 grand prize of the OpenSpaces Developer Challenge!
OpenSpaces is an open source framework from GigaSpaces Technologies. OpenSpaces extends the popular Spring Framework and leverages the GigaSpaces eXtreme Application Platform. It is designed for building highly-available, scale-out applications for distributed environments, such as cloud computing, grids and commodity servers. OpenSpaces is widely used in a variety of industries, including financial services, telecommunications, manufacturing and retail – and across the web in e-commerce, social networking and more.
So join the OpenSpaces Developer Challenge and:
- Win prizes – contest provides $25,000 in awards
- Gain global recognition for your killer application/plugin/extension
- Present your application/plugin/extension to GigaSpaces partner network
We want to challenge developers to write the kind of application/plugin/extension that meets today's market demand for scalability, reliability, and high-performance!
On this page you can learn:
How it Works
- OPTIONAL - Submit your Concept: propose an application/plugin/extension by February 13, 2008 (deadline updated) and enter a draw among all early submissions for a scholarship prize in the value of $1000. (10 scholarships are available).
- REQUIRED - Submit your final contest Entry by April 2, 2008.
Due to the large number of requests, we have extended the Concept Submission deadline by two weeks – the new deadline is February 13, 2008.
Prizes and Awards
The contest prizes and awards schema are as follows:
- 1st Place | The Best Killer Entry Overall | $10,000 in gift cards of your choice
- 2nd Place | The Most Technically Innovative Entry | $2,500 in gift cards of your choice
- 3rd Place | The Coolest Entry | $1,500 in gift cards of your choice
- Early Bird Draw among ALL Concept submissions | Scholarship | $1000 gift card to Amazon.com
Prize money is provided in the form of gift card/s of one or more of the following vendors: Amazon, BestBuy, CircuitCity, and Apple Store.
Scholarship fee is received upon submission of the final application/extension/plugin, ONLY if it meets the listed requirements and if the application concept was submitted by February 13, 2008.
Winners of the contest (all 3 places) are eligible for the scholarship IN ADDITION to their prize.
We're honored to have such a group of leaders and evangelists as our judges:
- Adrian Colyer, CTO, SpringSource
- Joe Ottinger, Editor, TheServerSide.com
- John Davies, Technical Director and Head of Research, IONA Technologies
- Julian Brown, Architecture Consultant, RWE
- Keerat Sharma, Platform Engineer, Gallup
- Ross Mason, Co-founder and CTO, MuleSource
For more details about how to submit, the process, and requirements, please visit the Challenge Guidelines, and the other resources below.