The objective of this project is to create fast, agile, reliable and highly scalable means of exchanging information, using OpenSpaces to unite electronically those willing to donate with those interested to receive this donation
| Project Description
|| A distributed application that connects people who wish to donate with those interested to receive this donation.
| Current Project Version
| Project Maturity
| Project License
|| Apache License 2.0
| Compatible GigaSpaces XAP Version
| External Dependencies
| Google Web Toolkit 1.4.61
| Project Captain
|| Leonardo Goncalves
|| Leonardo Goncalves
Brazil is a under development country marked by large constrasts between social classes. Basically the rich and middle classes have better purchasing power while the poor class of people (much of the population) live in precarious conditions of health, housing and food. Brazil is also a country where there is much waste of various resources just because of the legislation, burocracy or simply lack of information.
One of these resources is the food: farmers, restaurants, bars, supermarkets and even homes throws tons of food
out while millions go hungry.
Technology MUST BE used to help people .The name of system : GoDo is not just acronym of Good Donations , is an order that all of us should follow , Go and Do something.
Features and Capabilities
- A user inputs into the system a description of the goods for human consumption, its amount, and the time available for the donation.
- The system immediately selects the area or nearby people or NGOs who are registered to possibly receive this donation
- One or more entities are notified of the quantity of goods available
- If there is a match in the interest to receive the donation, the relevant entities will be notified. Some entities will have some priority
for notification. This notification is sent based on a weight-base criteria algorithm.
- The donor notifies the system that the donation was accomplished.
- The system keeps statistics on donors and recipients, which can be used by people or companies interested in investing in great donors
*The system supports any type of donation, whether or not of perishable goods.
Beyond the social motivation, this project aims to prove new ideas in using the Space:
- GIU (Grid Interface Unit) : the user interface is maintained ,distributed and tested inside the space.
- [Space Comet ]: the space scalability leverages more dynamic and interactive applications. In this case, the server "pushes" data to client , consuming tuples from space;
- GWT Client : This is the GoDo client application. It access services deployed in the space
- JSon tuple attributes : complex objects can be serialized in space using json serialization. This can improve data readability, debugging and provides better integration with other frameworks and tools